Today, some 1st Bachillerato students have made an interview to Umayrah Ali, our English conversation assistant this year. In this interview they have asked her about her life, her likings and her opinion about Spain:
● Where are you from?
I’m from Glasgow, in Scotland.
● What are you doing in Spain this year?
I’m here to learn Spanish because I’m studying it at university.
● Why did you decide to study Spanish?
At first I wanted to study French and Italian, but I found them hard and I decided to
learn Spanish. It was easier than the others.
● What do you like about Spain?
I like the food and the people, and I like the fact that Spanish culture is based on
family. I’m a family person, and that’s one of the reasons why I like this country.
● What’s your favourite place in Spain?
I really like Andalucía, specially Marbella because it is near the beach, and I love the sea.
● How many countries have you visited?
I have visited Turkey, Hungary, Holland, Italy, Portugal and Spain.
● For you, what’s the best place in the world?
My favourite country is Hungary because Budapest is very pretty.
● What do you like doing in your free time?
I really like to cook and in Scotland I like driving my car and going out with my friends.
● Do you like animals?
Yes, my favourite animals are cats.
● What do you prefer, teaching in primary school or in secondary school?
Both are very different. In primary school children want to speak English all the time, but in secondary school it is sometimes difficult because teenagers don’t want to speak English so much.